Wednesday, March 20, 2013

If you must ask..

Thank goodness for Spring Break, right? It is almost as good as Christmas break except warmer. It is crazy to think that during school I actually eat better than when I'm on break. You would think that with all this extra time I had I could really focus on eating good, wrong. I have been going down to Florida for the past umpteenth years and it never fails; Grandma's cooking always sucks me in, not literally of course. First of all, her food is amazing. How can you say no to a home cooked meal three times a day?! Secondly, she is so sweet, so even if I'm not hungry, I still eat it! Lastly, I do the ultimate no no and say, "You're on break, who cares?!"

Luckily while I'm here I have found a way to still stay some what level-headed with my food obsession. I try to eat fruit every morning, which isn't hard when it is AMAZING here in FL. I got my carb heavy breakfasts out of the way earlier in the week: casserole, waffles, french toast. Since I know that I won't make time to hit up a local gym, I walk a couple times a day around the subdivision, which is about a mile. There is also a clubhouse that offers some lack luster weights, the 12 in 1 combo deals.

Another great thing about FL heat is that you sweat like crazy! Since people will sometimes put on a lot of water weight, the FL heat takes it right out. For someone with a small bladder, that is a match made in heaven. Drink all you want and you don't have to excuse yourself to use the restroom near as much. Secondly, not that I condone this, but drinking fluids tends to help curb your appetite. Enjoy your break and happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel you on not eating so well on spring break. This is the week were I'm running all around to visit different people, and taking stock of what I'm eating takes second place to just managing to fit all my meals it. Kudos to you for taking the initiative to walk around the neighborhood you're in!

    ReplyDelete