Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yams/ Sweet Potatoes.. same difference

While everyone is ranting about graduating I'm trying to stay focused and positive. Of course, I'm ranting just as much and scared more than I probably should be.

There is a lot of talk about Vegan, Gluten-free and Paleo options these days. With the Crossfit crazies, people have latched on to their Paleo practices. IMO- I sort of understand Vegan food choices. I have actually toyed around with gluten-free options. It wasn't until recently that I realized I have a slight intolerance for gluten. Come to find out, most people don't realize that they do! While all of these choices struggle to please due to specific ingredients and recipes, I thought I'd share one for you to try. 

 http://nomnompaleo.com/post/6714604464/microwaved-yams-sweet-potatoes






This is a great site for recipes, Paleo person or not. It's hard to bust the myth of healthy food tasting good, but this blog is pretty good at it. The little girl character is kind of cute too! I have made gluten-free options for events and people haven't even noticed. It's not until you tell them what's in it that they disprove. 

Paleo has shown to give great results and greatly impact your lifestyle in a positive way. However, that doesn't mean that others don't. 
Enjoy!

Cheers,
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. That picture looks delicious... Great, you made me hungry. Thank you for sharing this. I'll be sure to check it out once in a while when I'm looking to mix things up.

    ReplyDelete