Wednesday, April 3, 2013

High-ho, High-ho

The past week and the next couple are going to be pretty crazy. I haven't had a lot of time to relax, let alone visit the gym. As hard as it sometimes to get myself to go, I'm so happy once I get there. I decided I needed to do a full-body and get a little bit of everything in to start back up a routine. When I miss some days, I try to do one full body to get back in the mode. I waited till 9 tonight to go the gym since it's usually less busy.

To get warmed up I did some box jumps. The box was probably 2 feet-ish high. I did 3 sets of 10 and wanted to be done right then and there. After I finished, I was hoping that I could just count that as my workout and leave; I was beat. Who would think that jumping up onto a box would be tiring?! These would be great if you want a quick cardio session and lower body workout. I'm guessing you know what a box jump is, but just in case.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat basically. I use to go all the time this past few semester, but this semester I'm just too busy. And I end up missing a lot of days and try to not a full body workout in case I am able to go more than twice a week. I found that setting an alarm as a reminder is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was conditioning for my high school volleyball team we worked on those boxes. They can be really tiring and after 15 minutes of it I always end up scraping my shins on them. I just get to tired to keep jumping that high. But they really are a great cardio workout.

    ReplyDelete